BOOK YOUR TRAVEL PHONE: 0413 443 544 / EMAIL: email@example.com
Safety and maintenance
As charter and scenic flight specialists, Black Diamond Aviation is committed to safety first.
Safety has been vital to the success of our business and is integral to our future development. Our commitment to safety includes a zero harm safety culture and involves all levels of the organisation, starting with our Directors and management team, and is embedded within all employee training programs, policies, and procedures.
Through proactive management and supporting a Safety Management System (SMS), Black Diamond Aviation has created a safe environment for our clients and employees by reducing the risks and hazards normally associated with the aviation industry. We do this by ensuring the following:
- Complying with all regulations set by the Australian national aviation authority, Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA).
- Hand picking our crew, ensuring their commitment, skill and enthusiasm match our company vision and goals. Our strict recruitment process guarantees you will fly with a CASA certified pilot with an incident free record.
- Investing in training and up-skilling our pilots. This is an on-going process and includes periodic testing by CASA certified flight examiners.
- Maintaining the highest standard of aircraft maintenance. We are proud to offer you the safest aircraft in Arnhemland as we maintain all our aircraft above the current passenger carrying charter requirements.
- Carefully supervising and managing crew fatigue. This ensures our crew offer the best service when they are at their best.
- Investing in the latest in-flight tracking technology. Our aircraft include ADS-B and GNSS technology, allowing each flight to be tracked in real time.
- Reporting safety related occurrences, immediately identifying hazards, investigating incidents and following up on those. This process is followed by analysing and trend monitoring of all practices, managing any future risks, providing education and training, including adding to our emergency response plan.
As we continue to strive for excellence, we are constantly evolving and changing our safety management system to meet the needs of our business and operation. We are proud of our incident free record, and see it as proof of our strict safety mechanism, showing how seriously we take client safety.
Black Diamond Aviation is, and always will be, committed to safety first!